Picture of Tell me when you have most valued your colleagues?

Tell me when you have most valued your colleagues?

Picture of Andrew
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Andrew G.

Category: Experience

Date asked: Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Picture of Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Grocery Merchandiser

Hi, thank you for your question Sorry for the delayed reply as I only returned to work today after the Christmas break. So, I am able to answer your question with how recently, I have most valued my colleagues... In the run up to Christmas the last two weeks of December we call MIT, Merchandising in Trade. Grocery (Supermarkets) is the most important area of the business at this time of year, as a Merchandiser Grocery MG, I get a team of little helpers. First Sales Rep's who work in other areas of the business such as away from home, Bars, Pub's, restaurants, Convenience stores etc. But also volunteers from other areas, Senior Managers from HO CCEP, Wholesale, HR, anyone. They put in there home postcode and come out and help. We all work together, as team Leader for my stores I assess which need the most support and help. Based not only on revenue but also the stores that have worked with me and my Account Executives giving us extra display space over the previous twelve months (the nice list) and to build goodwill for the following year. We then literally put our gloves and safety boots on and help them shift stock from the warehouse to the shop floor. It's great fun, everyone pitches in with whatever abilities, so an IT expert maybe sent to get POS and check the delivery systems but if they have spent too long behind a desk, more than happy to show them how to use a pump truck. I have disabilities to consider so am happy for the help and In our Coca-Cola Christmas jumpers we are happy to help store staff and customers ! No other company does this, Pepsi, even the Chocolate companies may employ a few tactical temporary staff. But nobody does Christmas like Coca-Cola, ensuring our customers have there Schweppes, Fanta, Coke and our range of products available in packs, displays and sizes to suit in every supermarket we can in the UK. Kind Regards, Andrew Gunter Chief Elf, Bolton.

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?