Picture of Is there an average working distance/radius for Merchandisers within the company?

Is there an average working distance/radius for Merchandisers within the company?

Picture of Andrew
1 response

Additional information

I have recently applied to be a merchandiser based in Taunton, Somerset and excited at the prospects on offer having had a very good read across the website throughout today.

Chris D. asked a question to Andrew G.

Category: Salary

Date asked: Sunday, August 15, 2021

Last reviewed: Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Picture of Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Grocery Merchandiser

Hi Chris, sorry for the short delay in my response. The average Merchandisers territory is fairly local depending on how many supermarkets are in the area and you normally do around six calls a day with a generous 45p mile allowance for using your own car but inline with HMRC you are not paid mileage to your first call and from the last. I initially took a territory which was slightly further from home (Oldham) but a year later my home town territory Bolton became available and I took that. Where you live will be considered in your application. Well done for applying, it's a great company to work for and I wish you every success. The interview process is usually initially by phone with HR and then a face to face with two managers, one likely to be your manager. If you have a supermarket background this helps but I didn't and it did not hold me back. Coke give excellent training and support all they are looking for are people who are enthusiastic to work hard and eager to make new friends because when you work day to day in supermarkets, not selling you are helping them checking stock and standards and putting out our product range including Fanta, Schweppes and Monster, you become a colleague. Good luck to you, if I can be of any further help do not hesitate to contact me. Kind Regards Andrew

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?