Picture of I am 50 recently diagnosed as Neurodiverse, degree educated, wishing to sidestep/restart career. What would you advise?

I am 50 recently diagnosed as Neurodiverse, degree educated, wishing to sidestep/restart career. What would you advise?

Picture of Daniel
1 response

Additional information

I have 30 years experience between the Hospitality & Banking Sectors both here and in America but due to my recent diagnosis I am questioning my own skill set (my degree are Hospitality Management / PgDip Information Systems). Any insight as to how to approach the transition to field sales would be greatly appreciated

Anonymous asked a question to Daniel F.

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Saturday, June 12, 2021

Last reviewed: Thursday, June 17, 2021

Picture of Daniel F.

Daniel F.

Strategy, Marketing, Operations, Finance

Hello, Thanks for reaching out! So i would recommend searching for any available roles that take your fancy and that you feel you would like to and could do. Then if selected for an interview someone from Talent Acquisition will be in touch and as part of that process they will ask if we can make any adjustment to support you. Regarding field sales i would look at the job spec and when applying match your skills to the requirements, so customer relationship building can be demonstrated in a variety of ways, from a work but also a personal prospective. Id like to give a little background to Inclusion and Diversity...we have a strong working group of Ambassadors and neurodiversity is an area that is being explored so i would also encourage reaching out to the network if you do join the business. Please do follow up with any further questions or builds on the above, always happy to help. Dan

Thursday, June 17, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?