Picture of What are the top 3 qualities required to succeed in your role?

What are the top 3 qualities required to succeed in your role?

Picture of Dushane
Picture of Laura
7 responses

Laura M. asked a question to Dushane P.

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: Friday, September 21, 2018

Last reviewed: Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Picture of Dushane P.

Dushane P.

Math, English, Science, PE, Food Technology and BTECH Business Studies

Strong Communication, listening skills and attention to details

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Picture of Laura M.

Laura M.

Thanks for getting back to me Dushane. Do you have some examples of how exactly these qualities help you to work effectively day-to-day?

Picture of Dushane P.

Dushane P.

Yes!! Because I am in the field, customer service is key and one aspect of that is being able to communicate with your customers or contacts about coke related things . Such as new products and promotions. Listening skills is another aspect, you have to be able to listen to your customers and contacts to know what they want, especially in their stores so you can provide that service. Attention to detail is another because you always have to be checking and making sure our products are in stores and making sure they are available. If the products are not available then you need communicate this to the store, if there a problem need to listen to what the problem is and work with the store to solve them.

Picture of Laura M.

Laura M.

Thank you so much Dushane, this sort of insight is super helpful! It's really interesting to better understand what it takes to excel at Coca-Cola in your role.

Picture of Dushane P.

Dushane P.

Not a problem, happy to help. But one thing I would like to point out, to excel at Coca-Cola there’s many ways you can do so. I mean you can work on these qualities and others individually or with your manager which is something that’s not really highlighted. Coke really do provide the environment and tools to help you develop and exceed expectations.

Picture of Laura M.

Laura M.

Ok great, sounds like there are lots of opportunities to develop yourself and grow. Thanks again!

John P.

Merchandising Representative

Top 3 things for me are Personality Persistence Always follow through any agreements

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?