Picture of I have had two interviews and both were unsuccessful. Will my chance be gone now as I’m 43 years old ?

I have had two interviews and both were unsuccessful. Will my chance be gone now as I’m 43 years old ?

11 responses

Paul P. asked during the live chat Learn about Diversity & Inclusion at Coca-Cola European Partners! to Coca-Cola Europacific Partners

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Brooke D.

Talent Acquisition

Hi Paul! Thanks for your message. Absolutely not at all - we have a huge focus on diversity and inclusion at CCEP. Decisions are certainly not age related - what did you apply for?

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Paul P.

I applied for a field sales role in Newcastle

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Brooke D.

Talent Acquisition

We always welcome new applications for roles, however we do receive such a high volume of applications with some really great people. However I can stress that we do not make any decisions on age or any other factors. It's purely down to your experience, interview performance etc.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Paul P.

I just basically want to get on the ladder with CCEP. I know I’ve got good qualities for the company. I just feel that sometimes people with say better school results will always get the roles ahead of someone that hasn’t got A levels. I’ve got 17 years experience with merchandising and sales at cash and carry level. I do think that sometimes more back ground checks need to be carried out on the person applying for the role as I had a few people from CCEP and other selected companies who would of told the interviewers my character.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Brooke D.

Talent Acquisition

Sorry that you feel like this. We primarily look at work experience unless there is a reason why we need somebody with certain qualifications. However, this is rarely the case. We try to keep our criteria as broad as possible so that we get to meet a variety of really great candidates.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Paul P.

If I wasn’t interested in working for CCEP I wouldn’t be trying new things like coming onto live chats gathering information I am passionate and haven’t gave up hope for working for CCEP. If I’ve had two knock backs do you think people will consider me in the future or will they say don’t give him another chance ? I appreciate you answering these questions for me.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Brooke D.

Talent Acquisition

We will always consider candidates if they apply - there isn't a limit on this. However, you should have received interview feedback from the Recruitment team. It's important that any improvement areas are addressed to try to minimise the same outcome/feedback again, as I'm sure you can appreciate. Not a problem Paul, we're here to help!

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Paul P.

I’ve noticed a lot of merchandising roles came up lately but not in the North East area. Will any be coming up for Newcastle area ?

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Danielle J.

HR Business Partner

All roles are advertised on our careers page - I definitely recommended keeping an eye out here for vacancies.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Kelsey Q.

talent acquisition

Hi Paul, vacancies arise for a number of different reasons internal moves/maternity cover etc.. like Danielle says we recommend keeping an eye on our careers page

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Paul P.

I go on the CCEP site every day sometimes on other job sites. I noticed a lot of merchandising roles in loads of areas come up all over the country so I thought Newcastle or surrounding areas might be coming up.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?