Picture of Being field based, are you given a manageable workload? How much time do you spend on the road/on your laptop?

Being field based, are you given a manageable workload? How much time do you spend on the road/on your laptop?

Picture of Andrew
3 responses

Additional information

I am applying for a similar role

Viki P. asked a question to Yaw Twumasi K.

Category: Work Life Balance

Date asked: Monday, July 29, 2019

Last reviewed: Thursday, August 20, 2020

Roisin Z.

Field Sales Representative

Hi Vicki! In my experience, my field sales workload has always been very manageable. We have very good relationships with the sales managers and if there was ever any pressure it could be easily resolved by discussing with your manager. I spend the majority of my day in the field but I am and to allocate time in my diary to complete any admin tasks I have. Hope this helps!

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

Picture of Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Grocery Merchandiser

As a Merchandiser I have found the territory areas are well managed for efficient coverage and are not set in stone. There is always a lot of info to take on board but line managers and team colleagues support you with priorities and focus. I’ve never felt on my own and am encouraged to share any concern about my workload or issues in my territory.

Monday, December 9, 2019

Picture of Alexandra J.

Alexandra J.

Regional Accounts Business Development AE

Hey Vicki! As an account executive, we are meant to cover 7 accounts a day. These range from large supermarkets to small on the go accounts such as Tesco expresses and sainsburys locals. My role is field based so I’m always on the road. We spend an hour in large calls and 30 minutes in the smaller ones. Today for example I have 7 calls planned in (3 large and 4 small) and it really depends what needs to be completed in store s to how long I spend in there. You personally have to manage your time effectively to ensure you complete your Daily calls. On Friday’s we usually finish 30 minutes early and this is where we use the extra time to complete any admin.

Thursday, August 20, 2020

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?