Picture of How can I increase my chances of being selected? I feel disadvantaged due to my experience being from abroad

How can I increase my chances of being selected? I feel disadvantaged due to my experience being from abroad

8 responses

Additional information

I've recently relocated from India and have been a very successful sales professional for over 12 years. However I'm struggling to get my foot in the door in the UK, despite having valid work permit etc. Having held a strong track record in Sales and with all the accolades I have received, can someone please explain what more can I do to increase my chances of being selected? Even if I get to interview stage that's something. But I am really struggling.

Alistair H. asked during the live chat Speak to our Recruitment team here at CCEP! to Coca-Cola Europacific Partners

Category: Eligibility

Date asked: Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Last reviewed: Wednesday, November 6, 2019

David O.

Hi Alistair - don't panic - I'm finding the process hard myself at the moment - lots of experience and transferrable skills, just finding getting to the interview stage is proving tricky! Keep going and be targeted with your CV and covering letter when applying - it is time consuming, but worth it in the long run to get the right role!

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Cassie Y.

Talent Acquisition

Hi both! Please don't be disheartened... We get a lot of applications for sales roles which makes it an extremely hard task for us to shorten down the list! I would just say make sure your CV is tailored to the role you are applying for and make sure to highlight your key skills.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Alistair H.

Hi Both. Thanks for the quick replies. I have had several agencies check my CV in the UK and have tailored my cover letter and CV each time. Is there a criteria for selection? Certain buzz words perhaps?

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Cassie Y.

Talent Acquisition

Hi Alistair, there is no criteria but we would look for certain attributes that would match the role profile. You mentioned you have relocated from abroad. We get many applications from candidates who currently live abroad and sadly, for these roles we cannot offer a sponsorship. I know you said you have the right to work in the UK so I would 100% recommend making that clear on your profile.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Alistair H.

Thanks a lot Cassie. I think I have an idea of where I can make a change on my CV.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Cassie Y.

Talent Acquisition

No problem - Good luck!

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Anonymous

Would they ever consider someone form a completely different background ? I.e accountancy

Sunday, November 3, 2019

Kelsey Q.

talent acquisition

Yes we consider applicants from lots of different backgrounds. I recommend making sure your CV shows your transferrable skills from your previous experience.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?