Picture of Is there anything I can do to help me compete against internal candidates?

Is there anything I can do to help me compete against internal candidates?

5 responses

Additional information

Hi I’m very keen to start a career with CCEP and I had an interview a few months ago. From feedback received I interviewed very well and it was between myself and an internal candidate. Unfortunately for me the internal candidate was successful. I totally understand and respect the decision as there are numerous benefits from promoting within. Is there anymore can I do to help me better compete with an internal candidate?

Stephen X. asked during the live chat Learn about Diversity & Inclusion at Coca-Cola European Partners! to Coca-Cola Europacific Partners

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Last reviewed: Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Brooke D.

Talent Acquisition

Hi Stephen! Sorry to hear that you narrowly missed out on the opportunity. What did you apply for?

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Daniel V.

Associate Director - Sales Force Effectiveness

Depending on what role you are looking for it's always beneficial to spend some time in trade to understand our brands and how we execute with our customers.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Stephen X.

It was team merchandising manager. I have also recently applied for account exec, beverages for tomorrow in Glasgow. The advert closed almost a month ago, based on this does that mean I’ve not been successful for interview. Thanks. Hi Daniel, I’m currently a manager in Tesco. Speaking to some CCEP colleagues and managers I understand training in done via an app, which I have viewed and looks an amazing tool. Would anything like that be open to myself to complete in my own free time or maybe some voluntary work.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Daniel V.

Associate Director - Sales Force Effectiveness

We don't have external access to our training modules unfortunately, however, if you look at the job adverts they give you a good steer on some of the skills and characteristics that you need. There's a lot of resource out there that link to these skills. We encourage our teams to look at things like Ted Talks, Harvard Business Review articles and YouTube videos on a wide range of topics linked to the roles.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Stephen X.

Appreciate the feedback Daniel I watch Ted Talks and YouTube videos all ready but never heard of the Harvard business review, I’ll look into that. Thanks.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?