Picture of What does career progress at Coca-Cola look like? What's the average time in a position?

What does career progress at Coca-Cola look like? What's the average time in a position?

Picture of Daniel
1 response

Anonymous asked a question to Commercial Development

Category: Salary

Date asked: Friday, April 8, 2022

Last reviewed: Monday, April 11, 2022

Picture of Daniel F.

Daniel F.

Strategy, Marketing, Operations, Finance

Hi Anonymous user, Career progression is a process that everyone tackles differently. Personally, I have done roles for between 1 and 2 years. Most of these role changes were breadth moves so a sideways step but these are great to give you a better understanding of different parts of the organisation. For example, I have done 4 different areas of Field Sales – Away from home (convenience stores mainly) to Grocery (so the likes of Tesco and Coop) to Licensed so pubs and bars and a New Business role. While 3 of these roles were at the same level, they gave me a really good understanding of the business and provided me with the foundations to take my career forward. When moving into national accounts it's common that people will do a role for 2+ years as they manage the entire end-to-end planning and management of the account, along with a joint business plan. There is definitely room to excel at Coca-Cola and each person will do it their way. There are tools provided centrally to support us as well.

Monday, April 11, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?