Picture of What’s your honest advice for the best way to genuinely make a good impression in an interview?

What’s your honest advice for the best way to genuinely make a good impression in an interview?

Picture of Rebecca
Picture of Amelia
4 responses

Additional information

Unfortunately due to Covid-19 my interview will be held on Zoom

James Y. asked a question to Apprentices

Category: Interview Tips

Date asked: Friday, May 21, 2021

Last reviewed: Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Picture of Rebecca F.

Rebecca F.

Business Administration Apprentice

Hi James, my interview was also held on a zoom call due to covid, my advice would be just be yourself, its difficult due to not properly being able express yourself through body language however I was made extremely comfortable especially in this weird time, all I can say is don't stress too much about how different it is, just listen carefully to the questions asked, be clear and precise, I hope this helps, please contact me if you want any further advice or information I would be happy to help. Regards, Rebecca

Monday, May 24, 2021

Picture of Amelia C.

Amelia C.

Mechanical Senior Technical Operative

I know it sounds cringe but just be yourself and how your passion. If your applying for the job then you should be passionate about the position, industry or company. By showing your passion and enthusiasm your natural personality comes through and that's what recruiters want to see. Remember, an interview isn't just to see if you're right for the company but if the company is right for you! Have come questions ready to ensure that the role is perfect for you.

Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Picture of Daniel F.

Daniel F.

Strategy, Marketing, Operations, Finance

I would try to create a personal relationship with the people involved. If they mention that they did x at the weekend how can you relate to that? E.g. interviewer says they went bowling at the weekend, you can then relate to a bowling experience. Replace bowling with whatever is mentioned. Never lie or make up stuff just to try and fit in but if there is a genuine connection do go ahead and mention it.

Friday, July 9, 2021

Picture of Eve B.

Eve B.

Technical Capability Professional

As someone conducting lots of interviews I would say to do your research on the company and have some good questions to ask yourself. Great questions I've been asked are around the culture of the company, why I enjoy it and what prospects for development are there. You might also want to ask about the team you'll be in, what are they like, how often will you see them or have meetings. Small questions to get a good insight and engage the manager in talking about their current team and how you can add to it.

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?