Picture of I worked with ABInBev as a business development representative, what are my chances of getting into field sales?

I worked with ABInBev as a business development representative, what are my chances of getting into field sales?

Picture of Evie
13 responses

Additional information

I am also a customer service team lead and this has polished my relationship skills. I've experience in sales for 5 years. I am looking to start as a field representative. what are my chances?

Michael F. asked during the live chat Working within our Field Sales Teams to Coca-Cola Europacific Partners

Category: Team Info

Date asked: Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Last reviewed: Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Picture of Evie S.

Evie S.

Professional, Talent Acquisition GB

Hi Michael, sounds like you have great experience. Youd definitely be in with a chance as we consider people at all levels for our field sales roles. Please look at our site to explore current opportunities that are available within your area. You just need a full UK driving license and to be within a 45 min commute of the location.

Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Michael F.

Thank you Evie. I actually don't have a licence yet but ill definitely look into this. My other question is what are the new market ideas used by some field reps apart from relationship, know your trade, know your brands etc. I really want to learn from this team.

Picture of Rosie K.

Rosie K.

Field Sales Manager

Sorry can you rephrase this?

Michael F.

I wanted to know some of the sales strategies and policies the field sales team uses while working.

Picture of Rosie K.

Rosie K.

Field Sales Manager

So this would be something we go through on your induction if successful, but there is various sales methods and support given to our field sales teams, this is ongoing also!

Michael F.

Thank you Rosie for the answers. I know how working as a field representative can be, how many visits/stores do you visit on a daily?

Picture of Rosie K.

Rosie K.

Field Sales Manager

We aim to visit around 13 calls per day!

Michael F.

Nice... I used to visit about 25 per day and I know how stressful it can be. while using mobile softwares like salesforce, poc eye (an AI software) used to deliver feedbacks to the line managers. Are these also in use at Coca Cola?

Picture of Rosie K.

Rosie K.

Field Sales Manager

Yes some programme's are the same whilst others differ

Michael F.

Thank you Rosie for your time but last questions please. what do you expect from your field sales representatives? what are the set KPIs?

Picture of Rosie K.

Rosie K.

Field Sales Manager

These change as the year progresses but ultimately its about driving our distribution through key products and activations

Michael F.

Are the field representatives also in charge of all the merchandisers? Thank you for the answers Rosie... I will certainly keep trying to get this role as this Q/A actually made a lot of difference. thank you

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?