Picture of Any tips on how to strengthen my application?

Any tips on how to strengthen my application?

Picture of Evie
4 responses

Additional information

Hi In September I applied for a Field Sales Rep role and narrowly missed out. Same again happened last week for an Account Executive post. For the AE role I also organised a shadowing day beforehand. I did lots of research into the company and spent many many hours revising for both interviews. After failing to secure a position for the second time I felt very deflated but I am a determined individual and I'm not going to give up just yet! Can anyone give any advice on how I can strengthen my application for next time. I am really keen to work for CCEP. Thanks Kirsty Bennett

Kirsty B. asked during the live chat Field Sales at Coca-Cola Europacific Partners - meet the team! to Coca-Cola Europacific Partners

Category: Career Advice

Date asked: mardi, novembre 1, 2022

Last reviewed: mardi, novembre 1, 2022

Picture of Evie S.

Evie S.

Professional, Talent Acquisition GB

Hi Kirsty, sorry to hear that you are feeling deflated but you are right not to give up! There are always lots of opportunities within the business so plenty more you can be considered for. I would advise to keep up the determination as this enthusiasm will help you stand out within your interviews. Continue to do plenty of research and reach out to the necessary recruiter wherever possible if needed to find out any more questions related to the role. Also at application stage, it's good to tailor your CV where possible to relate to the advert to show where your skills and experience are in relation to the role! :)

mardi, novembre 1, 2022

Kirsty B.

Thanks Evie- I think I said last week, it was especially difficult after receiving such positive feedback but missing out very narrowly by all accounts on both occasions. Thanks for this advice. Hopefully another vacancy will come up in my area soon.

mardi, novembre 1, 2022

Picture of Sandra D.

Sandra D.

Field Sales Representative

Hi Kirsty, I second what Evie has said. Research into the role shows enthusiasm. I would add to show yourself more. When I had my interview for the business I was with people who had done the job previously in other companies. And was at first less then positive about the outcome but I was myself. I used really life examples in my answering and intertwined them with the business.

mardi, novembre 1, 2022

Kirsty B.

Thanks Sandra- on both occasions the feedback was that they loved my personality and sense of humour so I do believe I got myself across. I too was worried as I have no previous experience in this industry. Thats great advice on answering the questions. I will try this next time.

mardi, novembre 1, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?