Picture of Can you describe a typical day in your role?

Can you describe a typical day in your role?

Picture of Daniel
1 response

Mohammad k. asked a question to Commercial Development

Category: Day to Day

Date asked: Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Last reviewed: Friday, July 8, 2022

Picture of Daniel F.

Daniel F.

Strategy, Marketing, Operations, Finance

Hey Mohammad, The beauty with National Accounts is that there is no real typical day :) Most days ill start with the one task that I have been putting off. Usually, this would be an admin task such as updating trackers. Then ill jump into Outlook to see what new emails have come in since yesterday, action the ones that I can do quickly, and then plan some time in the week to action the ones that need some more time or input from others. Each week I will spend time visiting the outlets that I manage, this allows me to stay close to my customers. Some days I will work on volume tracking and invoicing. This is usually at the start of the quarter, so around now. Other parts of the job include creating marketing and activation proposals that I then brief my customers with. A major part of the role is contract re-negotiation. This means working with finance to build the commercials, involve category and insights to build a customer-facing, and then present the new terms to the customer. We also have internal meetings; direct team, wider Business Unit and occasionally we bring all of the National Accounts team together. These days are the most fun as after a business update we have an fun activity planned.

Friday, July 8, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?