Picture of What kind of benefits did you get from not going down the traditional root of university and where has it gotten you?

What kind of benefits did you get from not going down the traditional root of university and where has it gotten you?

Picture of Sam
8 responses

Additional information

I have applied for the Sales Degree Apprenticeship

Kaci P. asked during the live chat Apprenticeships, your questions answered to Coca-Cola Europacific Partners

Category: Experience

Date asked: Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Last reviewed: Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Picture of Sam T.

Sam T.

Allocation Coordinator

Hi Kaci. I am currently studying for my degree through CCEP after also deciding against the traditional uni route. For me, I wanted to gain real-world experience and an apprenticeship gave me the ability to do that, whilst continuing to study. This allows you to build your network and technical skills, which is just as important as your studies, so for me an apprenticeship gives the best of both worlds. In terms of where it's gotten me, the scheme I joined on wasn't in fact degree level, however that's something I've been able to progress with through CCEP, whilst also securing moves in my day-role as well

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Kaci P.

Thank you very much Sam, I am currently building my profile up in the chance for the sales degree apprenticeship role, what could you say that would make me stand out infront of others in the process leading up to the job as I am currently studying A-levels in Media Marketing, Art and Design and Product Design,

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Picture of Sam T.

Sam T.

Allocation Coordinator

Hi Kaci. CCEP like applicants that are curious, passionate, adaptable, and resilient. Whilst qualifications are important, traits are equally important. I would say if you can demonstrate any of the skills/traits above you will have a good chance of standing out :)

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Kaci P.

Thank you very much! when you were going through the stages of getting your role at CCEP what was the most challenging stage of them all and why?

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Picture of Sam T.

Sam T.

Allocation Coordinator

In terms of applying for my initial place on the apprenticeship scheme I joined on, I would say the most challenging stage was 'stage 2'. In my instance, I had to create a video about my hometown, and this was a challenge as I wanted to ensure mine stood out from the others. Like I said before, CCEP value your personal skills just as much as your technical skills, so if you're asked to complete a task during the process, have a think of how you can make your approach unique to you

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Kaci P.

Thank you very much, this is very helpful. what is one of your favourite things with working with CCEP?

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Picture of Sam T.

Sam T.

Allocation Coordinator

For me personally, it's the people and culture. Everybody is so friendly and there are genuinely no stupid questions. We are all encouraged at every level to be inquisitive and to own our own development!

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Kaci P.

Thank you very much for your time today it has helped me alot to in this process!

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.

Did you find this discussion helpful?