As a manager, what is it you look for in your reps that makes them stand out from everyone else ?
4 responses
Miranda U. asked a question to Coca-Cola Europacific Partners
Category: Culture
Date asked: Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Last update: Thursday, July 4, 2019
Dan P.
For me I look for how a person interacts and engages with other people. When we complete assessment days for potential candidates it is something that I particularly focus on as the role is all about interaction with people both internally and externally. Obviously experience in relevant fields on a CV is great too. However i look after a team covering central London which carries its own challenges so i am always keen to meet the person to understand their enthusiasm and energy for the entire role. The role is both independent but also working within a team, so ability to be able to do both and not one or the other is key for me. Someone who actively wants to collaborate but can bring their own views too, is confident in doing so. So in summary it is not one thing in particular but rather a mixture of Teamwork, Self Motivation, Confidence in Communication, Engagement, Passion and Enthusiasm to be part of something but to also want to learn and develop as well.
Monday, April 15, 2019
Stephen X.
Hi Dan, I've read your background and it quite similar to my own. I have applied for the position of Account Executive, Beverages of tomorrow. Your above statement describes me to the letter however the recruitment team won't be able to see that about me simply be reviewing my CV. Any advice to showcase myself better? I am currently a manager in Tesco and have good relationship with both the merchandiser and her manager. Thanks Stephen
Monday, June 24, 2019
Dan P.
Hi Stephen, apologies for the delayed reply i have had some annual leave. I do think your cv will give you the opportunity to showcase what you can do to a certain degree, however i do agree that you don't get the entire picture just from a CV. I'd absolutely be looking for examples of what i described above in your day to day work within Tesco, which as i know from personal experience there are plenty when managing there. The roles are different as you move from managing people to managing accounts and external customers. You also spend a lot of time doing this on your own and there is less face to face contact with your own manager and your team around you as you'd expect from a field based role. So i'd start to think about examples of times when you have had to work independently or make decisions without being able to seek advice and what made you come to those decisions, what was the outcome. Most importantly how you approach working alone vs working in a team is a key. You would have faced great challenges when being a duty manager or looking after the store etc. and have had to make split second decisions to move the department/store forward. These examples will put you ahead other candidates as they are transferable skills to this role. Include some extra detail around your roles in management, responsibilities, how you've driven numbers and what they have delivered for the store too, because that's how we can then see it relating to the AE role. if you have any more questions give me a shout, in summary you have some great experience to call on so be confident in talking about how you have gained it when asked.
Thursday, July 4, 2019
Stephen X.
Hi Dan, Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I really appreciate the feedback and advice, very detailed, I look forward to joining CCEP and I’ll definitely be bending your ear for more advice. Once again thanks and I hope you enjoyed your holiday.
Thursday, July 4, 2019
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.