What advice could you give to someone looking to get into a sales roles?
1 response
Additional information
Hi Dan, I recently applied for a Sales Executive role with Coca-Cola within the North West region. I've worked in hospitality and as a restaurant duty manager for the last 6 years whilst studying Business and Management with the OU; I'm currently trying to enter a sales role. Working for a drinks brand in a sales role seems like a perfect fit for myself; I love working with people, I love working towards targets and I love working with drinks and being involved within that sector. I've developed strong customer service skills, organisation skills and a vast brand knowledge over recent years but I've found organisations don't seem overly keen to give someone without direct experience a chance. I'm certain if someone was to give me a chance to prove my skills at the role and point me in the right direction I'd be massively successful and could really be passionate about my work. I've applied for various roles but each time get knocked back with no direct experience within sales on my CV. I've been trying to get advice from all over, I've contacted account managers and reps I've worked with previously and anything I'm told or pointed towards takes me 1 step in the right direction. Do you have any tips/advice for someone like myself who's willing to learn and enter into the sales industry but is currently struggling to do so? Regards Liam
Liam Z. asked a question to Coca-Cola Europacific Partners
Category: Career Advice
Date asked: Thursday, March 28, 2019
Last update: Friday, April 12, 2019
Vito V.
Hi Liam. I came from a similar background to yourself. I was a bar manager for 3/4 years before applying for a sales role within the business. For me, I think firstly you need to ensure you constantly get feedback whenever you get any knock backs to ensure you learn from it & give yourself the best possible opportunity for the next interview. What I would also add is there is nothing wrong with stating during your interview or during Q & A at the end that you are aware of the fact you are yet to experience a 'Sales Role' however you feel based on previous/current job roles & your personality that you have everything needed to do a great job & just need that opportunity to prove yourself. Really bring that to life.
Friday, April 12, 2019
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.