Have you always worked in the FMCG market? What tips do you have for someone attempting to get into the trade?
Picture of Alexandra
3 responses
Aaron J. asked a question to Alexandra J.
Category: Experience
Date asked: Friday, October 12, 2018
Last update: Monday, February 11, 2019
Picture of Alexandra J.
Alexandra J.
Regional Accounts Business Development AE
This is actually the first career I’ve been in within the FMCG industry! For someone attempting to come into this trade I would say to keep an eye out for all the adverts around you as these are usually key indicators for what’s happening in the current market. Have long and short term goals that you would like to achieve and always push yourself to ensure you will stand out from the rest. Remember, you yourself are also a target market, so when you see something that stood out for you, remember what it was and how you could have possibly made it better!
Thursday, October 18, 2018
Anonymous
How many sales transactions do you complete daily?
Sunday, November 4, 2018
Picture of Alexandra J.
Alexandra J.
Regional Accounts Business Development AE
So last year we were able to sell into accounts, so it just depended on whet they currently had to what they were missing. Now, they use a process called ATO (add to order) and for every account that is set up for this process, you’re expected to place an ATO each visit. This is within the OOH (out of home) sector where you would visit convenience shops, pubs, restaurants etc. I’m currently working withing the home sector where I work with supermarkets and we don’t place ATO’s but will place manager orders where we can increase the amount of products they already have coming in to make sure they’re not out of stock.
Monday, February 11, 2019
This discussion is closed, so no new comments can be added.